As I look at my fingers
bonded by my hand
I wonder
Short stubby or long
they move along
with me
All dirty from the days events
sitting, waiting to be cleaned
with soap, water, or hand-sanitizer
When I use my hands to cook
it looks as if they devour
the food beneath or between them
And when I type
they dance across the keyboard
at a fast paced beat
Bent down pressing against objects
exercising moving up and down
Standing tall together
like a wall strong as can be
but sometimes they cramp up
delaying my function to use them
But when they need space
they depart from each other
to stretch and breathe
Resting silently in my lap
after the days end
waiting for tomorrow
My fingers are a family
functional or dysfunctional
they work, talk, walk, dance
and move together
My fingers on my hands are one unit
divided into five individuals
but bonded by my hand.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yo Raven this blog is nice...I really like it. Keep up the work...
ReplyDelete